In response to the economic challenges brought on by COVID-19 and civil unrest, Fiserv is giving back to help small businesses get Back2Business with a program focused on helping to jump-start Black- and minority-owned small businesses in hard-hit communities.
Fiserv and AEO launch partnership to get Main Street #Back2Business
As a global leader in payments and fintech, Fiserv has proudly served millions of small businesses with technology and payment solutions for more than 35 years and they believe that companies can and should be a platform for good.
To help elevate economic inclusion and create transformative change, Fiserv has partnered with AEO, who continues to join forces with market partners that believe in collaborating to drive wealth creation in underserved communities through entrepreneurship.
Through their partnership, they have launched the Back2Business program which will award grants in the amount of $10,000 to Black- and minority-owned businesses that have been impacted by COVID-19 and social unrest. The grant, which will be offered to select cities, is now open for New York and surrounding areas, including all of New Jersey.
View this post on Instagram
The Back2Business Grant is a part of a larger Fiserv initiative to equip minority-owned small businesses with vital education, coaching, and capital to truly fuel growth of our communities, creating sustainable business and shared value for all. In addition to the grant, the program will include opportunities for mentorship and access to technology solutions that enable revenue generation.
Grant applications are now open for eligible small businesses in New York and New Jersey. Applications are due by February 26th, 2021, but the sooner you apply, the better.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a Black-or minority-owned small business an an adult (18+)
- Must have revenue of less that $1M annually
- Be founded prior to June 1, 2019
- Have less than 10 employees
Applicants can find more information and apply for the grant at https://aeoworks.org/fiserv/
AEO’s Mission: To create economic opportunities for underserved entrepreneurs throughout the United States and engineer transformational change through Research, Incubation, Convening & Advocacy to foster a robust and inclusive marketplace. AEO’s vision is for every individual in the U.S. to have access to resources and services for creating wealth, assets, and healthy communities through business ownership.
- ‘It’s Up To You’ Campaign to Educate Millions of Americans about COVID-19 Vaccines - March 1, 2021
- How Chavez Web Design is helping to grow small businesses - February 26, 2021
- A National Conversation with Latina Leaders to address Latina Small Business recovery in Post-Covid19 economic crisis - February 25, 2021
- “You have the power to change the narrative”: Selina Sosa empowers young Latinas to succeed - February 24, 2021
- SBA to Prioritize Smallest of Small Businesses in Paycheck Protection Program - February 23, 2021