Guest Contributor: Pilar Avila is the founder and host of interDUCTUS & Renovad. She is a passionate human striving for higher self-awareness, health, happiness, living free, eradicating judgment and lifting every living being with compassion.
Our already fast-changing world is now in ever more extreme and accelerated transformation, as we continue to face a global pandemic, economic turmoil and social unrest. Before Covid, we were dealing with centralized and localized challenges within our own lives and businesses, industries, markets and countries. Today, we are impacted by what happens around the globe. Reality is things will likely get worse before they get better, and we cannot hide and ignore what is happening around us. We must keep up and, better yet, get ahead of change by anticipating what is to come and taking charge of our destiny. The key to this is to be present and make changes now for the future.
Present changes for the future
There are two aspects to my business: interDUCTUS management consulting practice and Renovad global retreats. Some of the immediate changes we implemented are rescheduling of our 2020 retreats to 2021, and refocusing our time on our change management consulting practice. We are taking an array of trainings and certifications online to further sharpen our readiness to support our clients. We are also identifying ways to collaborate with other management consultants, and the resorts where we host retreats, to support one another and weather the health, economic and social imperfect storm.
You might be interested: Beyond COVID-19: Prepare your entrepreneur skills for the survival of the fittest
Take action today
Here are a few actions we have taken and we encourage you to consider as we all charge ahead:
- Face change head on: Be present with eyes open wide and consider changes you can initiate vs. changes you cannot control.
- Focus on people and health first: Start with you and the inner circle of family, friends, colleagues, employees, collaborators, clients, neighbors and community.
- Establish a new rhythm for life and business: Step one is placing you on the schedule! Tap virtual business networks events, education, and fitness, and learn something new.
- Mind your business: Again, consider people first by assessing any needed adjustments based on you and your team’s ability to deliver on contracts and commitments; assess clients’ needs to adjust your work flow and financial plan accordingly; know that cutting costs and staff is not always the answer, and that investing in who and what will keep you producing is an imperative investment.
- Adapt. Evolve. Transform: Adapt to the virtual economy; consider offering new services and products to generate new sources of cash flow; envision how you wish to evolve and elevate as a human, and make it happen.
- Face and conquer your fears: There is no fearless without fear as fear is part of our human condition and, when ignored, it can be paralyzing; place fear on notice by declaring “Fear, I see you, I know you and I am bigger and stronger than you”.
In life, change is a certain constant. Face it head on placing you, people and health first. Create a new rhythm as you evolve and transform. Remove all fears and obstacles. And be present to WIN.
- How the $1.9 Trillion “American Rescue Plan” will help communities rebuild post-COVID - January 22, 2021
- President Biden to propose immigration reform bill that will legalize 11 million - January 21, 2021
- Apple appoints first Latina ever to board of directors - January 20, 2021
- SCOTUS Sonia Sotomayor to swear in Kamala Harris in historic first for women of color - January 19, 2021
- Servant Leader Claudia Vazquez shares 5-step recipe for success - January 15, 2021