Grammy-award winning publisher and radio mogul, Cherry Martinez offers free commercials to minority-owned businesses in light of global coronavirus pandemic. The New York-based Afro-Latina founder of FMHipHop will provide air-time for businesses in need of advertising as a result of the effects of COVID-19
Legendary New York radio DJ and media personality, Cherry Martinez announced today that she will provide free radio commercials for minority-owned businesses negatively affected by the novel coronavirus.
Cherry Martinez is a hip hop radio veteran, New York DJ, media personality, and philanthropist. She is a graduate of Emerson College in Boston. Martinez started her career at WILD 1090 AM giving entertainment reports (thanks to the highly talented Stephen Hill) and for many years, hosted “Sexy in the City,” Power 105.1’s #1 rated evening show.
The advertisements will be featured on her 24/7 radio show, FMHipHop.com, the growing destination for hip-hop, trap and R&B news, culture and music. The spots will also be syndicated on the show’s other streaming sites, TuneIn and Aha Radio, completely charge-free.
This philanthropy initiative comes at a crucial time for minority-owned businesses. As a result of the virus, they have been hit hard. In two recent surveys, only 12% of Black and Hispanic business owners reported that they received funding they had requested. Also, 45% of minority business owners reported that they expect to permanently shut down in the next six months.
“We know that many budding entrepreneurs and small businesses would benefit from any type of free promotion during this pandemic-induced economic shutdown,” explains Martinez. “This is my community and I want to help as much as I can.”
HOW TO GET YOUR FREE SMALL BUSINESS COMMERCIALS
- Follow us on Instagram @FMHipHop!
- Repost our commercial to your Instagram page
- Tag 5 minority businesses under your post
- Email your 30 sec MP3 commercial to FMHipHopRadio@gmail.com! Be sure to include your Instagram username!
HOW TO RECORD YOUR MP3 COMMERCIAL:
- Download the Voice Record Pro app from the App Store on iTunes, or the Voice Recorder app from Google Play for Android.
- Save audio file then send by email!
FMHipHop will air up to 50 free small business commercials repeatedly on their 24/7 radio show throughout the summer. For more details, head to FMHipHop.com.
You might be interested: Best use of PPP and other financing strategies for Latina business owners
FMHipHop is a digital radio station rapidly becoming the #1 digital destination for what’s happening in the world of hip hop, trap and rnb. What sets FMHipHop apart is our lean toward edgy, modern hip-hop compared to traditional stations. Their growing audience will be introduced to new songs they haven’t heard before as well as popular hits they know and love already. FMHipHop has something for everyone: commercial-free mix shows, talk shows, celebrity interviews, and the latest gossip, news, and trends in the music industry.
Today, Cherry’s businesses include CherryOnTop.com, a marketing platform, Code Media and FMHipHop.com. Cherry’s Code Media published Grammy winning song “Focus” by H.E.R. and helped Fetty Wap by contributing to the radio version of seven time Grammy nominated “Trap Queen” which has sold 10 million copies units and is certified Diamond.
- Martin Luther King’s Day: Which “DREAM” is dying in America? - January 18, 2021
- PPP Loan forgiveness: $50,000 loans for small business and self-employed - January 13, 2021
- Second round of PPP loans: Why you should act now and where to go - January 11, 2021
- Ted Cruz behavior damages the Latino brand and leadership - January 7, 2021
- Latinas in Business all hands in for a brighter future - December 24, 2020