Steps you can take to prevent spread of flu and the common cold will also help prevent coronavirus:
- Wash hands often with soap and water. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home while you are sick and avoid contact with others
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing
Currently there are no vaccines available to prevent novel coronavirus infections.
Stay home when you are sick. Earned Sick Leave is the law in New Jersey.
As of October 2018, employers of all sizes must provide full-time, part-time, and temporary employees with up to 40 hours of earned sick leave per year so they can care for themselves or a loved one.
- COVID-2019 Fact Sheet [English] [Simplified Chinese] [Spanish]
- Infographic: COVID-19 Quick Facts
- What is Stigma and What Causes It?
- Travel Alert: COVID-2019 Updated 3/12/20
- COVID-19: Prepare to Self-Isolate NEW
- COVID-19: I’m Sick. What Should I Do? NEW
- How to Take a Temperature [English] [Simplified Chinese] [Arabic] [Gujarati] [Hindi] [Italian]
- Coping with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks (SAMHSA)
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak (SAMHSA)
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (CDC)
- CDC Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
Award-winning journalist, author, multicultural expert, public speaker, small business advocate and the Editor-in-Chief of LatinasinBusiness.us. Susana is an Argentinean immigrant who started her own small business over 20 years ago. Now, through her new digital platform and social media channels, she advocates for the economic empowerment of Latinas in the United States.