Nominations for the 2019 COUNT ON ME Awards are now open to recognize companies that “lean in” for minority women entrepreneurs.
Latinas in Business Inc., the national non-profit organization that advocates for the economic empowerment of Latinas and other minority women entrepreneurs, has announced that nominations are now opened for its 2019 COUNT ON ME Awards to recognize companies and government programs that impact growth of minority women entrepreneurs.
The 2019 COUNT ON ME Awards is a new recognition to companies and government agencies that design and implement specific programs, products or services for Latinas and other minority women entrepreneurs. The Nomination process opens September 15 and closes October 31, 2019. Awardees will be honored at the WINNERS Reception during the Latina SmallBiz Expo & Pitch Competition to take place on November 8 at the Culinary Conference Center, 161 Newkirk St, Jersey City, NJ from 5pm to 10pm.
“Women of color receive less than 1% of VC and Angels Investors funding every year and get little attention towards other services and resources they need, creating a $70+ billion gap in economic growth -compared to their White male and female counterparts,” Susana G Baumann, Latinas in Business Inc. President and CEO, said.
The goal of this award is to place the spotlight on those companies that make an extra effort in Diversity & Inclusion, Supplier Diversity, Procurement, Government Programs, MWSB Certification, business services, women’s funding and the like, and reward them for their efforts while encouraging other companies to increase attention to this small business demographics with great economic potential.
“This year we have opened 7 main categories in which companies can be nominated. However, we expect that in the future, we can expand these categories to be more specific and complementary of the companies that ‘lean in’ for women of color entrepreneurs,” Baumann said.
The Nomination requries a brief explanation of how the company proves their efforts to impact these business growth based on facts such as program growth, increased customer base, loans approved and the like within this demographic.
All Nominations include:
- 2 tickets to the WINNERS Reception ($90 Value) for the Investors Panel, Pitch Competition, Awards Ceremony and 5TH Anniversary Cocktail Reception;
- Special mention at the Expo
- 20% discount for Exhibitor’s Table at the Latina SmallBiz Expo
- Nominees with company’s name and description will be included on the LatinasinBusiness.us COUNT ON ME Special Edition (December 2019).
For additional information and to nominate your company, NOMINATE YOUR COMPANY
You might be interested: US Hispanic businesses reach staggering numbers: 4.37 million and counting
- Morocco 2019 Renovad’s Thanksgiving experiential retreat and a robust 2020 program - October 18, 2019
- ALPFA’s 50 Most Powerful Latinas gather in Jersey City to receive awards - October 7, 2019
- 2019 COUNT ON ME Awards nominations are now open - September 18, 2019
- Super Bowl Champion Isaiah Stanback and “Latino Shark” Manny Fernandez to POWER UP 2019 Latina SmallBiz Expo - September 10, 2019
- Latinas in Business co-hosts Renovad experiential retreat in Rome - August 21, 2019