Pitch Competition is here! This is an INVITATION to all Latina entrepreneurs and small biz owners that live or do businesses in the Northeast region (New Jersey, New York, Southern Connecticut and Eastern Pennsylvania and Philadelphia).
Yes, we are now on full speed for our 2017 Latina SmallBiz Expo and Pitch your Biz Competition! We invite all Latinas with products, services or a cause to be part of this fabulous event to take place at the Campus Center Atrium of NJIT (150 Bleeker St) in Newark NJ 07102 on NOVEMBER 9, 2017 from 4:00 to 9:0 pm.
Watch Hipatia Lopez, inventor of the Empanada Fork and winner of our 2016 Pitch your Business Competition invite you to be part of this important event!
What you need to know about the Pitch Competition:
1 . Pitch Competition: Ten (10) participants will have the opportunity to present a 3-minute pitch to a Panel of Media Jurors. (ONLY 6 places left! ) *
The Media Jurors will choose the best story to be promoted on all participating media including:
- Univision 41 (Tri-state area)
- Abasto Magazine (national)
- Latin Trends (New Jersey / New York)
- Latino Magazine and La Razon Newspaper (Eastern Pennsylvania)
- Omnikal (national)
- Vivala. com (national)
- Latino Motion (Southern NJ and Philadelphia)
- Social Vibes Media (Tristate)
- Americano Newspaper (New Jersey/Pennsylvania)
2. You will have the opportunity to win:
- $1000 Cash Price (first place)
- Gifts for all participants
- Free promotion on media and social media
- An opportunity to work with a matching sponsor
- An opportunity to run a crowdfunding campaign to fund your business
- An Exhibitor’s Table to sell your products to all expected attendees (300 to 500)
- and much, much more!
3. You will have the option to prepare your pitch with a Business and Public Speaking Coach (optional and at extra cost)
4. A VIP Reception with all Sponsors and Supporters of the event, Media Panel and photo/video opportunities.
So don’t wait! Register NOW for the opportunity of your lifetime! https://latinasbizexpo.eventbrite.com/
Latina Pitch and Exhibitor Table: $150 (You will receive 15 tickets ($10/each) to sell to your friends and family)
Latina Table only: $100 (You will receive 10 tickets ($10/each) to sell to your friends and family)
So far, we have the support of the following organizations:
- New Jersey Institute of Technology Enterprise Development Center (EDC) -an umbrella for 20 business organizations
- Statewide Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey
- Newark Community Economic Development Corporation and Office of Newark’s Mayor
- NJ Economic Development Authority (NJEDA)
- UCEDC New Jersey
- IFundWomen (crowfunding)
- Rising Tide Capital
- Feria de Negocios Hispanos de Central New Jersey
- Starfish Global
- NYC LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce
- Hispanic Leadership Association
- Red Shoe Movement
- Multiple regional chambers and organizations
We expect 40 to 50 vendors and exhibitors so don’t delay, as tables are selling fast!
We invite you to participate in this very unique event! Non-Hispanic vendors welcome!
*Only Latina businesses can participate at the Pitch Competition.
Thanks to all our Supporters and Sponsors!
- ALPFA’s 50 Most Powerful Latinas gather in Jersey City to receive awards - October 7, 2019
- 2019 COUNT ON ME Awards nominations are now open - September 18, 2019
- Super Bowl Champion Isaiah Stanback and “Latino Shark” Manny Fernandez to POWER UP 2019 Latina SmallBiz Expo - September 10, 2019
- Latinas in Business co-hosts Renovad experiential retreat in Rome - August 21, 2019
- DREAMers included in NJ Second Year Community College Opportunity Grant (CCOG) - August 16, 2019