The 2018 Latina SmallBiz Expo & Pitch Competition is about to start! Have you heard of it? Well, if you haven’t, get ready for a great treat this year! We have been working on it for the last two months and we are ready to launch a fantastic series of events to promote the 4th Annual Latina SmallBiz and Pitch your Business Competition throughout the Trip-State are!
This year, LatinasinBusiness. us has become Latinas in Business Inc. and we are working at obtaining its non-profit status. In addition, we are planning a Latina SmallBiz Expo Pre-event Marketing Campaign that will help promote the event in different cities and counties around the reach area.
The excitement doesn’t stop there! We have received the support of the Hudson County Office of Business Opportunity, which will be co-hosting our Latina SmallBiz Expo and Pitch Competition on November 8.
“Hudson County Office of Business Opportunity is proud to partner with Latinas in Business Inc. to help fulfill our mission of empowering women and minority-owned businesses,” said Rafael Mata, Director of the HCOBO.
Kudos to Rafael for taking such a big step in the right direction, offering us guidance, advice and a home for our event this year!
We also count with the usual partnership of our Media Sponsor Univision 41. Gracias mi angel, Angel Vazquez Rivera, Director of Outreach and Community Development at Univision 41, who is always ready to extend a hand when needed. They will be providing promotion and presence at the event.
So what’s new this year?
- Our Promotional Pre-event Campaign will include a series of planned networking events and also workshops for entrepreneurs. Latinas and any other small business owners can attend and learn, network and find information for a successful participation at the November 8 event. See the below schedule of events but we will be adding new events! If you have an idea for an event in your city or town, please lets us know at email@example.com.
- The Pitch your Business Competition will officially open on July 1st and it will open nationally! So get ready to compete with all sorts of Latina entrepreneurs and also from all industries and states!
- We have added the Make-Over Day, a fantastic mini-event as part of the Pre-event Marketing Campaign! A day of pampering for all participants, dressed-up rehearsal and selection of the 10 finalists! They will get a hair and make-up transformation, and also receive gifts and prizes galore! Vendors and sponsors are welcomed for an opportunity to see these Latina entrepreneurs blossom!
- We have added an Entrepreneur Empowerment Lunch with workshops in breakout rooms during the Latina SmallBiz Expo. Renown experts in entrepreneurial topics will be conducting workshop for you to learn and succeed as a small business owner.
- A Latinas in Business Panel will be held at the Latina SmallBiz Expo, with the participation of several attending sponsors. You will be able to ask them questions about what they look for when they decide to sponsor a product or service. It will be phenomenal!
So are you getting excited already?
This year, we are ahead of the game and we want to get out there and let the world now that Latinas are here to stay, to expand and to succeed! Get ready to receive plenty information about everything that is happening and how to register for the Pitch Competition. This will be our best year ever for the Latina SmallBiz Expo and Pitch Competition!
Tentative Pre-event Marketing Campaign Calendar
Check when we are coming to your area and show up at the event or workshop to get additional information!
- FIFA Gold Cup Russia 2018 at Son Cubano (West New York)
When: July 10 Time: 12 to 5pm
Come and cheer for your favorite soccer team while networking with peers and colleagues and enjoy delicious Latino appetizers, Happy Hour Cash Bar and soccer memorabilia. Who said women don’t like soccer? With sports celebrity Jorge Fleitas from PASE A LA RED broadcasting live “la previa.” This will be a SOLD OUT event so register now: FIFA Cold Cup Russia 2018 at Son Cubano
- Sushi Mexicano en La Playa (Keansburg)
When: August 14 Time: 6:00 to 9:00
A Meet and Greet networking event to discover delicious fusion Mexican Sushi by Chef Leo Cervantes (Chilangos) and networking with colleagues and friends. Chill out at their fabulous deck by the only FREE beach in New Jersey!
- Start your Business Online with Less Than $500 (Paterson NJ)
When: September 12/13 (TBConfirmed) Time 5:30 to 8:00
Got an idea for a business or product? Don’t know where to start or how to do it? Susana G Baumann, Pres and CEO Latinas in Business Inc. will give you the nuts and bolts of starting a new online business with less than $500!
- Town Hall Business Meeting with NJ Governor and Latino Businesses (Asbury Park NJ)
When: September 18 or 25 (TBC) Time: 5:30 to 8:30 pm
Meet the new NJ Governor yet? Come and make your requests as a Latino small business owner and enjoy an evening of networking with peers and colleagues in the Monmouth and Ocean counties area.
- Entrepreneur Incubator Program HC Office of Business Opportunity (Jersey City NJ)
When: October 17/18 and 19 Time: 6:00 to 8:00pm
Participate at this fantastic 3-evening Entrepreneur Incubator Program that provides important information to start or expand your business. MANDATORY for Pitch Competition participants (in person or online)
- Pitch Competition Make-over Day (Union County TBD)
When: October 30 Time: 5:30 to 8:30 pm
Participate in an evening of pampering and preparation for the Pitch Competition finalists with video sessions, interviews, vendors opportunities and networking reception!
To participate or inquiry for sponsor or vendor opportunities, please contact Susana@latinasinbusiness.us or 848 238 6090.
You might be interested: Latina SmallBiz Expo Pitch Competition winners at Univision 41
Co-hosted by Hudson County Office of Business Opportunity Media Sponsor Univision 41
- Raising capital a challenge Latina innovator Victoria Flores takes head on - June 18, 2018
- Latinas in Business announces 2018 Latina SmallBiz Expo & Pitch Competition - June 13, 2018
- How Latina serial-preneur Danay Escanaverino overcame roadblocks to success - June 3, 2018
- Promoting the growth of Latina-owned businesses with Rise Up Mi Gente! (video) - May 11, 2018
- 1.7 Trillion US Latino market growth, opportunity and challenge for banking industry - May 7, 2018