The following are 15 of my favorite quotes that I rely upon on a daily basis to help push me forward when I hit a sticking point. The quotes come from successful people across a broad range of industries and eras.
The only thing consistent with these successful people is that they never gave up – despite the bouts of self-doubt, depression, anxiety and every other sentiment we feel in the course of our personal and professional journey.
Some people collect works of art. Some people collect books. And some people collect fine wines. I’m not that sophisticated. I collect quotes.
A core belief of mine is the importance of learning from the past – my past as well as the past of those that have come before me. I believe that success comes more easily if we go out of our way to see the lessons learned from those in whose steps we follow.
I’m followed on Twitter by tens of thousands of people who look forward to my daily dose of motivation in the form of inspiring favorite quotes. While the goal of my daily quotes is to inspire entrepreneurs, the lessons apply to anyone looking for that “atta boy” (or girl) that gets them over the hump.
I hope that you take a few minutes to contemplate about how to take these lessons learned and incorporate them into your life. I also hope that you share this list with others so that they may also benefit. Finally, I ask that you share in the comment section your favorites quotes for our collective benefit.
15 Favorite quotes to inspire entrepreneurs
1. Winston Churchill: “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
2. Albert Einstein: “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”
3. Steve Jobs: “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
4. Stephen Covey: “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.”
5. Thomas Edison: “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
6. George Patton: “Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.”
7. Tony Hsieh: “Help shape the stories that people are telling about you.”
8. Samuel Beckett: “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.”
9. Dale Carnegie: “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.”
10. Thomas Edison: “Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”
11. Mark Twain: “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
12. Ralph Nadar: “The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers.”
13. Maya Angelou: “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.”
14. Harvey Firestone: “The secret of my success is a two word answer: know people.”
15. Albert Einstein: “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
Can you add your own favorite quotes?
- How to become an influencer and advance your business - September 23, 2017
- 3 Mistakes savvy leaders know how to avoid (the hot dog challenge) - July 7, 2017
- Feast or famine? How to keep your cash flow working for your business - June 13, 2017
- Veteran’s Day: Veterans make great entrepreneurs - November 11, 2016
- Corporate social responsibility why investors don’t give a sh!# about it - May 16, 2016