Joanna Renteria is a first generation Mexican-American born and raised in California. With a passion for journalism and the Latino community, she initiated her career in broadcast journalism, gaining experience as a story-teller and content creator at Univision San Francisco, C7 in Jalisco, México and MundoFOX in Los Angeles.
In 2014, Joanna received her M.A. in Mass Communication from the California State University of Northridge where she focused her research and thesis on the transition of television outlets and audiences to digital.
With a personal blog (www.joannarenteria.com) aiming a peak of nearly 900,000 visits one day, Joanna quickly realized the importance of connecting with the new generation not only digitally but socially.
Upon completion of her graduate studies, she has worked as a social media consultant and strategist for brands, helping them build relationships with their audiences in the most prominent social media platforms that benefit their products. A hopeless writer, she also freelances from time to time, blogs occasionally, and tweets daily.
- The 10 best Holiday gifts to support Latina entrepreneurs in 2017 - December 15, 2017
- Lorraine Ladish addresses fear of aging in Your Best Age - December 12, 2017
- Refreshing Peruvian beverage Inka Cola growing popularity in the USA - December 5, 2017
- Latina SmallBiz Expo Pitch Competition winners at Univision 41 - December 2, 2017
- Giving thanks and moving forward into 2018 - November 23, 2017