LATISM15 – Latinos in Tech Innovation and Social Media National Convention
Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 2:00 PM – Friday, October 30, 2015 at 8:00 PM (EDT)
Latino(a)s over index in social media, mobile and technology consumption. We need to move from the passenger seat to the driver seat. LATISM’15 brings together the top leaders and influencers in the space. Our goal is to take a 360 approach. To touch tech innovation from every angle. From the grassroots movements that mobilize the community, the spectrum of professionals who are ready to drive if/when included in the conversation to the policies that need to pass for sustainable development.
LATISM’15 aims to empower our Latino community by:
❖ Showcasing and galvanizing existing Latina/o entrepreneurs, developers, health practitioners, bloggers, digital leaders and educators who excel in the use of tech innovation and social media to impact the community.
❖ Educating and Empowering the global Latino community of parents, educators, health professionals and digital influencers about the use of technology to improve education, health and finances.
❖ Facilitating a platform where founders can find the resources they need to move from an idea to the launch
❖ Fostering a community conversation of best digital practice and policy that supports common causes and represent the voice of the voiceless.
❖ Host the traditional hackathon where Latinos in Tech Startups can participate and earn seed funding to get to prototype stage.
- Office workout 101: 10 Easy desk exercises and tips (with video) - April 25, 2017
- Women pay inequality gap follows them into retirement - April 4, 2017
- Consumer debt, credit cards and the small business trap - January 10, 2017
- Thanksgiving a tradition Latinos learn to cherish - November 24, 2016
- 4 Tips to prevent bad references from damaging your job search - March 22, 2016