Pegine Echevarria, MSW, CSP is the only Latina inducted into the 58 Member Motivational Speaker Hall of Fame, and the only Latina in the Million Dollar Speakers Group. Her company, Pegine Team Inc., is #2 among the 50 fastest growing companies in North Florida. We thank her for her contribution to LIBizus with the book review of “Secrets of Six Figure Women” by Barbara Stanny.
By Pegine Echevarria, CSP, MSW
Napoleon Hill, author of “Think and Grow Rich” and author of many books on success read by almost all millionaires, shares “Wealth is something you build for yourself out of service to others, sparked and enhanced by your own positive, joyful inward drive.”
In her book, “Secrets of Six Figure Women,” Barbara Stanny brings a similar perspective and ties it to the lessons women learned growing up, our internal dialogue and how to shift our mindset to being worthy, wealthy and successful.
Barbara is the daughter of the late entrepreneur and philanthropist Richard A. Bloch, who co-founded H&R Block with his brother Henry in 1953. Her father didn’t discuss money with her or teach her about money. She married early on and her trust fund was managed by her husband. Sounds good right? Nope. He lost it all then left her leaving her with tax bills, fines and debt. Daddy didn’t come and save the day. It was hers to fix up. It took years and she did.
The lessons learned were hers to learn and then hers to share with all of us. I am grateful she did.
Her book “Secrets of Six Figure Women” is a must-read for all women. Through the book you are able to relate to the women and how they shifted their thinking and shifted their perspective about themselves and their worth.
A concept like “release and let go of perceptions about yourself and your worth” is one way Barbara shows how women have transformed their lives. Another is “take the leap, knowing you will be not only okay but are great.” “Take the leap” is harder to embrace, however, Barbara shows you how others have done it before you and gives you (alright gave me) the clarity that “of course I can do this. I’ve done tougher things before.”
“Emotion follows action” is another Barbara Stanny gem that goes counter to how women have been trained. Learning to take action, and then embracing the emotion of “HOLY COW I DID IT” leverages our ability to act and then, embrace our emotion – the emotion of success. Rather than embracing the emotion of fear first.
There are many gems that opened my eyes and transformed how I think of myself and my business. I went from four figure deals to closing seven-figure deals for my own company. As a Latina, I had to get out of my own way. I still do.
The secrets she shares are:
- Secret 1: Financial Success Is Possible In Almost Any Field And Lack Of Education Doesn’t Have To Hold You Back.
- Secret 2: Working Hard Doesn’t Mean Working All The Time
- Secret 3: Focus On Fulfilling Your Values Rather Than Financial Gain
- Secret 4: Loving What You Do Is More Important Than What You Do
- Secret 5: Feel The Fear. Have The Doubts Go For It Anyway
- Secret 6: Think In Terms Of Trade-Offs, Not Sacrifices To Find A Workable Equilibriums
- Secret 7: Sometimes You Have to Shrug it off and Have a Good Laugh
- Secret 8: Appreciate Abundance
All the “secrets” titles sound like things you read before. However, the content is about increase, fiscal expansion and prosperity action that are currently being used by six and seven-figure women. I have learned how to use each of these steps to increase my life financially and leverage opportunities.
Pegine (Peg-een) Echevarria is CEO of Team Pegine, Inc., a think tank, training and consulting, event management firm specializing in leadership, team building, inclusion engagement and training. Her company provides role players for leadership development for corporate and military training. Team Pegine serves diverse clients all over the world, including the military and federal government, Global 100 direct sales corporations as well as the Fortune 100 global corporations.
- Four Latina celebrities but who is the smartest business woman? - September 12, 2017
- Social media for small businesses, a must-do or die - August 22, 2017
- 5 Resources to help Latino parents save for college education - July 25, 2017
- Why Latino economic power is greater than political representation - July 14, 2017
- Office workout 101: 10 Easy desk exercises and tips (with video) - April 25, 2017