Small Business Majority (SBM) New Jersey Outreach Manager Aixa Acevedo will conduct a series of webinars on “What the Healthcare Law Means for your NJ Small Business.”
This webinar will focus on what the new healthcare law, the Affordable Care Act –also known as Obamacare– means for New Jersey small businesses. It will focus on both federal and state provisions to help local small business owners understand how the law will affect them. Topics being discussed include:
- Small business tax credits (available to businesses and tax-exempt non-profits)- who’s eligible and how to claim them
- New Jersey marketplace update
- Shared responsibility
- Cost containment
- Tools and resources available for small businesses interested in learning more about the law
Aixa will also answer questions to all participants during the session. This webinar will be repeated on the following dates. Please click the date you’d like to register.
You can go to the Small Business Majority website to use the small business tax credit calculator.
About Small Business Majority
Small Business Majority was founded and is run by small business owners to focus on solving the biggest problems facing small businesses today. Since 2005, we have actively engaged small business owners and policymakers in support of public policy solutions that promote small business growth and drive a strong economy. We are a team of 31 working from our offices in California, Washington, D.C., Colorado, Missouri, Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Oregon and Washington state. We deploy our network of 25,000+ small business owners and 6,500 business organizations, along with a strategic partnership program including more than 100 business organizations, to reach more than 400,000 small business owners. Our extensive scientific polling, focus groups and economic research helps us educate and inform policymakers, the media and other stakeholders about issues including healthcare, energy, immigration, taxes, access to capital, financial reform and workforce development.
- Office workout 101: 10 Easy desk exercises and tips (with video) - April 25, 2017
- Women pay inequality gap follows them into retirement - April 4, 2017
- Consumer debt, credit cards and the small business trap - January 10, 2017
- Thanksgiving a tradition Latinos learn to cherish - November 24, 2016
- 4 Tips to prevent bad references from damaging your job search - March 22, 2016