The Latino woman is known for her dedication to improve her image and for looking beautiful at all times. We bring this natural inclination from our Latin American roots and, in many cases, passed down from our mothers and grandmothers.
That is the case of Nadine Machado, a Latina clothing designer who has named her business Milagros Clothing Design. The name Milagros serves as a tribute to Nadine’s grandmother Milagros, a woman who embraced her own individuality and feminine grace. Nadine strives to communicate this very essence through her design.
Nadine started her fashion path making clothing for her dolls as a child. She used this passion when she continued with a degree in pattern making and design at New York’s Fashion Institute of Technology.
Milagros Clothing Design is a fashion company with the style musings of the everyday woman in mind. Company president and lead designer Nadine Machado draws on her extensive experience in all avenues of fashion to create looks that are accessible, sassy, sophisticated and feminine with an urban flair.
Milagros attire is made with the finest quality fabrics, chosen to give garments a unique appearance that reflect Nadine’s own individual personality and devotion to fashion as a craft.
Her professional career took her to produce gowns; work on the runway fashion shows Gabriella Zanzani’s Couture; and production development of scarves for Elizabeth Gillet. Nadine uses this diverse experience to deliver attainable glamour for her own clientele.
- 5 Resources to help Latino parents save for college education - July 25, 2017
- Why Latino economic power is greater than political representation - July 14, 2017
- Office workout 101: 10 Easy desk exercises and tips (with video) - April 25, 2017
- Women pay inequality gap follows them into retirement - April 4, 2017
- Consumer debt, credit cards and the small business trap - January 10, 2017